Dec 16, 2014

Winter woes (I sinned)

It is in the most critical temperature that I have begun to think about how good it is to have the following with me while typing away with freezing numb fingers:

(1) An electric blanket to warm up the bed before tucking in; (I can't fall asleep until a good 2 hours later because my bed was too cold and my feet were not warming up at all)

(2) the above or a warm quilt / duvet; (I actually woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go to sleep, but had to add another blanket on top of the base blanket)

plus

(3) a cat / dog that can curl up at my feet and keep them warm and toasty. (Not to mention that I'm a huge animal lover)

(1) will be good but I can't fathom the idea of sleeping on some electric currents (lol), (2) is most sensible and practical but my room / home doesn't have space to store it during summer, and no, I'm not going to wrap myself up with that with the air-conditioning blasting in summer, so no. (3) is too high maintenance and my mom doesn't like pets, pets aren't supposed to go along well with my asthma either.......

And I have a pair of furry slippers, thank god for that. They aren't cheap nor well-made so they would last one season only...*makes mental note* must do research on more durable ones next year, wearing socks alone wouldn't work because our home is dusty.

...And then I sinned. I caught a cleanser and a toner on sale and bought them. Makes me wonder what was going on, as I was doing great at closing down the tabs of various stores, promo emails. Not blaming the weather entirely but you know, I only have myself to blame for this!

8 comments:

  1. If it's on sale, it's not a proper sin ;-)
    Regarding the storage of a duvet, can you get a vacuum bag? I use them for larger items and they're very effective! I have a duvet in one of them actually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you need the vacuum bag machine that goes with the bag? I've seen those but usually sold together (the bag + machine) and our home won't have much use of the machine lol but i will definitely consider it when i'm moving out! Imagine it'll be useful to pack travel luggages.

      Delete
    2. No you just need a vacuum cleaner to remove the air out of the bags: http://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-vacuum-bags-set-of-4/p231572711?sku=231572711&kpid=231572711&s_kenid=60baeb8f-3190-b849-a280-0000050cd95b&s_kwcid=129x45203&tmad=c&tmcampid=73&kpid=231572711

      Delete
    3. thanks! i think i've seen those :) lemme investigate that

      Delete
  2. I want an electric blanket too! Our bed is pretty chilly to get into some nights. I think we'll just turn it on to heat the bed up when we get in, not leave it on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've tried that at a beauty spa place. It does get hot after a while. But it's nice to have the bed warmed up, a heater just can't do that.

      Delete
  3. I highly recommend hot water bottles. I use them all year long. In the winter, they are in bed with me or while I sit reading. The rest of the year I sometimes pull them out if I'm not feeling well. Very easy to store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. will definitely look into this - thanks Pru.

      Delete