Dec 10, 2014

Hang in there, December!

Let's take a look at the to-do list for the past week and how I've done:


Coming week's goals:
- Tidy up room (clothes and shoes) NO.
- Clean the summer shoes and put them away NO.
- Pick up birthday perks/gifts from various stores and YES. cinemas NO.
- Scheduling a farewell lunch for a retiring colleague YES.
- Replacement of new glasses (this one will take a while...still searching for the right pair and it's not easy) Looked but found nothing that I like.

I thought December is a pretty quiet month for me, but alas, the invitations for casual lunches out kept coming in, I had about 4+ of these with 2 are pending. Let's just say that I've 3 No Spend Days so far! But I did get some good tea as a gift (for a retiring colleague and myself), it doesn't break the bank and I can enjoy it for a month. Not too bad. Met up with grannies and gave them pocket money...shipped some Xmas gifts overseas, mailed a cardigan for return and refund, fingers slipped and purchased a backpack made of leather-and-suede mix (about 30% of the price of another nice backpack I saw but made of sheep skin...) OUCH!

I did earn a $300 voucher to spend on an online clothing store (oh dear...), let's see who will be using it.

Fast forward for goals for the week ahead:
- Tidy up room (clothes and shoes). I have a feeling it's gonna be a constant item for every week!
- Clean the summer shoes and put them away
- Pick up birthday tickets from cinemas
- Continue to search for new glasses
- Finish drafting up goals for 2015 and have them published here
- Track cashback sites for purchases that are made
- Drink more water during the day. My fluid intake yesterday was soup, medicine, milk, and tea...anything but water. No good.
- Apply body cream and hand cream every night. Sounds like a no-brainer but really a challenge #Firstworldproblem

I went to the facial treatment session and left with a mega red face...pain was relieved, even though temporarily. The next 2 days I've been wearing a mask to work instead and didn't bother to conceal the large patches of redness. This saves 5-10 minutes' time in the mornings by skipping some of the makeup.

Hang in there and create more No Spend Days for the next 2/3 month!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you -can't seem to apply cream at night. It really is a challenge!

    ReplyDelete