Dec 19, 2014

Lucky Draw and (more) frugal entertainment

Christmas celebration went about at the office and we had a lucky draw every year. This year I got a box of chocolates. And I took some leftover whole fruit home :-) those will be eaten tomorrow. 

It was a nice day, although I would really want to win that electric kettle / cordless travel kettle (or any sort of kitchen appliance) / cash vouchers they had there! It'll be much more practical and healthy than having confectionery. 

The Nespresso Dolce Gusto coffee maker isn't my cup of tea though, because I don't particularly like coffee (drink only a handful of times a year), and because you have to keep buying those coffee capsules to feed into the machine (and they aren't cheap)! Now that's not anywhere near frugal to me :-)

To be honest each of us paid something for the celebration, but it's nice to be able to take something home and not just the food we had at the celebration.

A colleague handed me 2 free movie tickets, which would be frugal entertainment for the weekend! I checked the screening and unfortunately only tomorrow and Sunday morning showtimes are available (then it's off-screen for good), so I won't be making use of them :-( am looking forward to re-gifting it to someone else now. Very often when he gives out the ticket the showtimes and locations are already limited to a few. Since I'm not a retired person yet, it's hard to make use of these frugal fun things!

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you on the Nespresso machines. I love proper coffee, made in a proper percolator. I only drink one coffee a day, for breakfast, and it has to be a good one! I am also extremely annoyed by the stupid adverts we get here, featuring George Clooney (like the man hasn't got enough money already?) and lately Jean Dujardin. So as a matter of principle, I wouldn't buy Shame about the movie tickets too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I was thinking people who drinks real coffee would rather have it fresh grounded / made than a machine like that - but then i wouldn't know because my tongue is not trained in coffee at all :P I actually pretty like Clooney himself but the ads about the penguin machine are getting everywhere!

      Delete