Dec 12, 2014

2015 Health and Personal Care goals

Comparing to financial goals, the list of health and personal care goals are less daunting, easier to quantify and easier to achieve:


  1. More greens, less meat
  2. Eat / cook whole foods whenever possible, avoid processed / packaged foods
  3. Tuck in by 2330 every night, bonus points for making it at 2300
  4. Walk a lot, walk far, mostly referring to short distances between subway stations
  5. Similar but different to (4), go for a walk at the park 6x per month, jog if my knee joints allow
  6. Read Chinese medicinal/health related books
  7. No snacking in between meals
  8. Do menu planning for breakfasts, have 1 or 2 staples ready (keywords: variety, hot, filling but not fat)
  9. Do facial mask and hair mask once a week, condition hair once a week
  10. Apply body creams and hand creams every night

(1) and (7) aren't difficult in that I can ask my mom to help me with (1) in her cooking, and I usually have very good discipline with snacks (sadly not money). The only snacks I keep in the office is nuts and dried fruit, oatmeal, plain biscuits. Have been practicing (4) for months.

(3) will be a medium level challenge, (8) only requires some thought and it shall run itself after initial set-up. I'm confident with (9) and (10) in a way but (5) is the most difficult - I might consider joining my dad in his walks to have a person to keep me on track / motivate me, as well as more family time.

1 comment: