Dec 15, 2014

Office rant

I've had enough. 

Some folks treat their office their second home, but not for moi. I'm fed up with the people there.

It doesn't matter whether they are junior or seniors (in terms of age or rank), ignorance and stupidity always reigns. Every time these people talk (loudly), they're completely oblivious to the fact that they are exposing their ignorance and stupidity. I can't help but roll my eyes for the thousandth times on a daily basis. 

Example: 

"Don't you know that celery as a negative-calorie food?" 
and this person believe in it, even as to eating it often and on its own. 

Unfortunately, the said person (who have no cooking experience as far as I know, other than chomping on celery) and would say that congee is more stomach-filling than rice. She was quizzical as to why she had congee and thought it made her full, only finding herself hungry an hour later. 

Fact 1: you put less rice and double/triple amount of water when you make congee as opposed to rice, I don't know how to cook this but this is common. sense.)

Fact 2: this person is older than I am by a few years. 

I enjoy working with highly efficient, clever, practical and humorous people. People who put their minds onto real stuff. I have no time nor tolerance to things other than the above, e.g. frivolous things nor bragging about their "pursuits", their "awesome" travel experience which comprises only designer brands outlet shopping and tax-free shopping. 

This, of course, makes it difficult for me to find someone I truly respect to at work, nor can talk truthfully.

May I add that the same person also works on a group of followers (namely lower rank female staff), and always stand and chat for hours instead of going back to her own seat to work daydream. She is always so willing to tell everyone her opinion on everything. Hate that. I don't want to hear her opinion on anything. As far as I know, I'm not in her league and neither is she in my league. We're just different. I wish she would just shut up and do her own work. If she's free, stay in her seat and keep her mouth shut. 

I keep reminding myself to be open-minded and easy-going (read: don't care whatever is happening) to everyone, the fact is my tolerance has its own time span...and some people's tolerance seems to exist perennially. I need to work on this in 2015 especially the place I work/live in is full of ignorant imbeciles.

No comments:

Post a Comment