Dec 21, 2014

2015 Family/Friends goals; Career goals

Family & Friends goals:
  1. Take parents to travel and experience more
  2. Continue being good to those family members who are good (aka get over the black sheeps)
  3. Reconnect with friends by texting more and meet up occasionally
Goal (1) will be accomplished, depending on the time that my dad can walk away from the office, be it long or short, we are definitely going on a trip. If we're going on a long trip then I'll have to do more planning work; if it's short trip then I'll just sign everyone up on a decent tour so I don't need to worry about anything, and my parents would feel more comfy sitting on a coach as well.

Basically I've come to terms with goal (2) that there's always some black blood in the family and that nothing can be done to mend these fragile and broken relationships, plus it isn't like I'm the only grown-up to think about this, every other person has their responsibility in this too. 

Goal (3): o be honest I quite enjoy having weekend off and I try not to schedule many meetups with friends over the past year, instead I chose to spend more time with my parents. However there will always a few friends that I'd meet from time to time, I just need to remember to text them more.


Career goals:

  1. Limit occasions of official lunches/farewells unless attendance is an absolute must, and when needed be, socialize and be present
  2. Remain cordial, maintain a cordial, purposed and respectful distance with others. Avoid being too friendly with anyone, and stay away from gossip-mongers at work
  3. Have outfit planned out for the week every Sunday
  4. Consider taking a masters degree
Not much to say about these, just to keep working quietly and get through each day with some sanity (hence I bring my brown bag and eat alone).

3 comments:

  1. Hi PJ, I completely understand your desire to remove yourself from your gossipy colleagues' influence, as I am exactly the same. My thinking is somebody else chose my colleagues so I don't have to be friends or spend time with them.I even really dislike some of them. However, please be careful that you don't isolate and alienate yourself from them. It's better to be in and know what is being said/ done than completely out on the fringe and unaware of office politics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PJ I agree with January. And will add it's okay to listen to gossip (never in a group though), but don't encourage it and never spread it. You want to make sure you are aware of office politics and well as the grumblings of the workers.

      Delete
    2. I will take your advice ladies! Thank you a big time!

      Delete