Feb 23, 2015

First day back at work

I slept very poorly last night. Not just the fact that I had caught up with plenty of doze during the 4-day weekend, but we had a nasty fight. I loathe to end my day with negativity but it's not something I can forget at the click of a button in my head.

So far 9 NSDs in February, and 3 more should happen this week *crosses fingers*. As far as the long weekend was concerned, I made very conscious effort not to spend / delay the spending. I took advantage of the 50% off discount on metro rides during Friday and Saturday, to my grandma's place for dinner, meet up with a few relatives. It seems that even though she's deemed smart at her age, she's showing signs of aging (memory getting poorer), it's really sad. Even my mom noticed it as well. 

I had a...very unproductive holiday. No exercising goal was reached, no reading had been done. And I felt terrible about it, the monthly wrap-up will come later this week.

My nightmare of not having enough variety of food at home - partly came true. That's exactly why my folks and I headed out for tea yesterday (on my purse of course), we could have stayed home and made something but since it was the CNY, it seemed "appropriate" (darn this word and the mentality behind it) to go out to treat them.

That's it for now - am exhausted! 

*off to catch up with missed blog posts and ponder on the way forward in March*

4 comments:

  1. Hi, PJ ! Thank you so much for commenting on my last post, I'm going to answer you right now. In the meantime, I've just become your latest follower. Let's stick together on our frugal path !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fourmi! Glad to have found your blog and let's encourage each other on the new found frugal path!

      Delete
  2. sometimes following a frugal path can be such hard work........but at least we are not alone in the challenge.

    Gill in Canada your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being my 6th follower Gill!

      Delete