Feb 5, 2015

Ever had a burnout?

The other day I came across this article: How Not To Have a Meltdown in 2015
(Confession: OK I'll admit that I read the transcript, being a compulsive reader non-native English speaker that I am.)

The thing is, while reading this, it hit me that I might have experienced one, whether previously or lately, it didn't matter. A burnout may not necessarily result from work stress, it can be anything: family, too much (bad) news, etc. What it matters is acknowledging it and finding my place, even if that means I'm no longer the socializing character, even if it means I enjoy solitude more and more (honestly though, I suspect it has something to do with frugality and not hanging out as much as I used to with friends). 

If you're reading the article, please share your views here. I, for one, like to know how you cope with moments like that.

3 comments:

  1. I started to read the transcript but had to stop - it was annoying me. Yes I think I've been that burned out. Working a high pressure job 7 days a week. Still not sure I'm 100% recovered from it. I was at the peak of burnout when I started focusing on frugality - perhaps that helped me because it gave me a different focus and something to control. At the time work controlled me and consumed me. Sadly I also ate and gained weight.

    For the past 4 years I have probably just "frozen" myself. Less friends/less contact with people/less activity/a lot more thinking. I have not really grown. It's only recently in the past couple of weeks that I am starting to feel like I did 8 yrs ago before the craziness began.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing, Pru. I totally feel like I"m "freezing" myself from the contacts and gatherings as well.

      Delete
    2. Ask yourself if it's a phase or if you are changing. I think I did it as a self-protection mechanism. It was needed in the beginning but the longer it dragged on it became less beneficial. As I said I'm slowly starting to feel semi-normal (or at least the way I used to which I like) but it's been too long of a road.

      Delete