Feb 9, 2015

Another week of February

The first week of February had seen me working extra hard and reached the peak of exhaustion. It's already taking its toll on my energy, spirits, health and what have yous. The long hard thinking about career decisions isn't helping either. Tomorrow night I'll have a meeting after work somewhere (whoever's idea of having a meeting at dinner time, that person is just downright stupid).

In other note, I've come to the conclusion that an outfit plan every Sunday is not going to work for me - not because of the weather but because it simply is exhausting my brain. On most days when I am not meeting any one after work I just wear what I want (usually is whatever that's not going to the wash). If I have things to do after work, I would have come up with what to wear day(s) before. Waking up each morning and getting dressed is a tough task, in summer it's easy. 

This week will see a family dinner, maybe I'll contribute a dish or two, but I'm going to to take things easy on the weekend. Don't think a jog or a walk can be squeezed in. so that goal has fallen by wayside! It appears that I can hit one of my financial goals of making an extra 2-3k. Only 3 NSDs so far, 2-3 more will happen this week, so my monthly total won't exceed 10, given February is a short month, but a quick trip to the numbers found me spending 60%+ of the monthly budget already(!).

I've done no readings this week and the "eat more greens" goal is not making any progress. Hope the holidays will allow catching up with the monthly goals, the weekly goals list remains pretty much the same as last week's:

- schedule dental check up after CNY (remind DB about this since we attend appointments together)
- update the balance on passbook as well as the progress bar on the blog (I just chased after someone to return the money she owed me but so far nothing is showing up)
- start small on a side hustle (...)
- read 20 pages on the unfinished book (...)
- be in bed by 2330 (this one is ultra important)
- eat more fruits / greens
- research on a few easy peasy dishes to make this weekend
- discuss with mom about food arrangement during the 5-day long weekend, don't want nasty surprises (aka freezer stuffed to the brim but falls short of anything I want to eat), shops don't open / restock, etc

I try to keep in mind whenever I sign up for more work that I must not let any other commitments in my life suffer - be it rest, time spent with loved ones, etc. So easy to say, not exactly easy to do!

2 comments:

  1. Remember there are 52 weeks in a year so don't beat yourself up. And it's all about balance. You move forward on some goals one week, and the next you work on others :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pru - will keep this in mind!

      Delete