Sep 11, 2014

Mid-week Update 11/9/2014

A drugstore has their monthly VIP day yesterday with additional 5% off any purchase, I shaved the intention of dropping by the store because 1) I told myself there's always next month and the items I want cannot be accommodated well in my small bedroom, so next month it (the purchase) is, or maybe the next; 2) I was asked to replace a colleague's overtime work (paid) suddenly and I'm happy for a shot for more money always. Redirecting the going-home route is easy thus since by the time I leave work, the stores are closed (except one) but I made a mental note NOT to walk there. Succeeded.

This week we spent on movie tickets using a BOGOF from my membership card, although I *think* the cashier charged me full price (instead of a discounted price from membership status) when using the BOGOF. Note to self: read / ask before buying and deducting points from membership card next time. 

This week we'll see a subscription renewal for a magazine (the only magazine I seriously read), around the weekend or coming monday I'll be paying for a party of 5 doing buffet somewhere or just all-you-can-eat type of thing in celebration of my mom's birthday. Mom thinks the buffet we've booked costs dearly so she has been asked to give us names of places that she wants to go. The course of development is not bad so far.

As I've been looking for extra income, there's a side hustle job that they gave me the 1st training and I completed it, waiting for their feedback, except that I have been waiting for 2 weeks for the 2nd training. I've called up the person to ask (twice, maybe) but she still hasn't responded to my email. I knew they just relocated their office BUT, if they're really in urgent need of a pair of hands, wouldn't it make sense to just train this pair of hands up and get them to work quickly? The senior woman who interviewed me briefly for this job was fairly open that they'd like to hire me for side hustling, but that of course depends on whether I like the job (after a few trials) and how the training went (shouldn't be a problem). The big question now is: WHY THE WAIT? Has something gone wrong? I've not been informed and it's not a good feeling when waiting for something. I need to call that person next week, or ask the person's colleague via email or something. I can't let money opportunities run away like that!

Another thing that's been bogging me down was my SO not feeling well. Where do I begin? Let's just say I hope he will get back to shape and into some action so we could move on to achieve greater goals out there. Trust me, there's a lot to do.

Looking forward to some jogging done over the weekend but let's see how the buffet thing comes up...been feeling out of shape lately.

- PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment