Sep 27, 2014

The search for the perfect tumbler

I'm having a neck ache, shoulder ache, and my head is generally not feeling its best. Guess I was too crouched in work this week and forgot about proper postures or break time. This really sucks.

I dropped by a sports store tucked away in a main street after breakfast outside with my family just now, heard they are giving 10% off and I asked them if this applies to the whole store. The cashier girl said it's only for marathon runners who have to show them an email. Of course I don't have one, nor am I a marathon runner. I calculated the price of the tumbler I want with the lid sold separately, and figured that while it's a few bucks more than buying off online site and have my friend shipped it to HK, it probably makes more sense that the few bucks would be spent on shipping to me, so why not get it now? So I went ahead and miraculously / mistakenly they gave me the 10% off. I am very happy and toted my tumbler home! 

I've searched high and low for stainless steel tumbler for the past year or so, the closest thing is the one sold at Starbucks, it's about the same price as the one I got today but I don't like the black rimmed handle from the Starbucks model. The tumbler has to be stainless steel because it's easy to clean stains (read: not stain-proof but easier to clean than a mug). It's expensive at $220 but it'll last years and years. And it won't rust! The cheapo tumbler I have at office is getting rusty (got it for $5 or $10 at a charity fair), the rubber band on the lid came off and just won't screw tight anymore, the tumbler is made of acrylic outside and stainless steel inside, that's why I can see rust developing on the stainless steel from looking beneath the transparent layer of acrylic! It doesn't affect the drink content inside though, but it's time to get a proper and durable one.

Speaking of which, I must get the new tumbler thoroughly cleaned now!

2 comments:

  1. Glad they gave you the 10% off! I always have to remember the exchange rate. At first I was like why would anyone pay $220!!!! Then I thought, exchange rate, exchange rate silly Pru. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll specify it next time! :-) was in a poor condition that I forgot to write a title for this post...*yikes*

      Delete