Jul 5, 2015

Monthly Wrap-Up: May 2015

Hi, I'm slowly easing back to frugal blogging :)

Will start off with a not-so-frugal wrap-up for May first. Firstly I had a haircut, my grandpa's birthday was also in May so money had gone to "granny money" (hardly anything though tbh), I also got myself another pair of glasses because the new ones I got earlier this year was too heavy to wear on a daily basis, my work requires close attention to the screen so I figured it'll be a sensible thing to get something more comfortable. The other pair will be for special occasions - when a little class and oomph is needed (please don't laugh).

Since I'd be away for most of June, the library books had been returned even though I'd just finished one, but nevermind, since I don't see myself burying in books the first instance when I come back. Exercising was of course, zero progress at all. Most of the time was spent studying for the trip to come, and it was rather stressful as I wanted to make it "complete", all that was stressing me out, this to visit, there to try, there to eat, things to see, etc.

Money-wise, I opened an investment account last month, this month I've put in money into it and let my folks run it - I know I know, one shouldn't rely on others' advice when it comes to investment, but I'm slowly learning. A tiny dividend was also credited to the bank account, but otherwise, not so much extra earnings from side-hustling. In fact, all my side-hustles had gone quiet since April, one of them I have a vague suspicion about what's going on with the company but there's no way to know. Except that signing up with other companies is on my to-do list in June. 

The savings rate for May is at 34.3% which was quite low, but it's slowly climbing up I hope, last month was 29.6%. Like April, most of the expenses went on the long-haul trip for June. the fund I set up was not enough to cover it and I knew it, and it was OK in the way that I wouldn't be able to do a long-haul trip in the coming 2 years or more, the longest I can do is a week.

Phew, a lot has taken place in May but it has also become a blur to me now, since I'm writing it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment