Mar 13, 2015

Frugal things this week

Some frugal things I did this week:

- I replied to an email and got free ticket to an Art Show that is good for 2 plus a free drink;

- I borrowed a travel book from a friend who just returned from the destination, instead of buying it;

- Got a free book sent to my way (thanks January for posting about Mrs Moneypenny!);

- I gave away my free movie ticket to my relative who would have better chance of using it than me, I figured it won't be worth the cost if commute costs + time are taken into consideration;

- Asking a friend returning from UK to bring me back some toothpastes instead of asking for them to be shipped to me (yes it's a specific brand that I can't find locally);

- Asking same friend to get hold of a bottle of perfume from UK, and I paid 35% less than locally (Yes this might not sound that frugal at all. Yes I have a weakness!);

- Did not buy any food or snacks, still need to try harder to avoid going into the shops AT ALL

The free book pretty much made my day, knowing it's free, I even forgot about it after signing up, and I'll have fun reading books about financial management!

What frugal things have you done this week?

4 comments:

  1. washed my car by hand instead of using the car wash.

    I did save MEGA bucks on those two boxes that arrived this week that I mentioned on my blog......

    I more or less followed my meal plan though not in the order that I wrote on my blackboard.

    Went shopping with a friend, and other than paying for lunch never spent another penny.

    Can't think of anymore things at the moment.

    Have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job there Gill - wish you a fab weekend as well!

      Delete
  2. Sadly aside from purchasing my apartment, this has been my least frugal week ever. Next week WILL be better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purchasing property is entirely different thing Pru :) hope next week will be better for you!

      Delete