Mar 13, 2015

Admitting my weakness

Time to 'fess up. I was doing good financially for the past week until today.

Bogged down by serious cold and flu for the past 8 days, I stayed home all weekend, aside from work trips. Didn't spend much except a lunch with coworkers that had to be done, a trip to the doctor's, some bug repellents and personal care items for the April trip. I think that's it? Then today I bought a perfume which I love that has been discontinued, a small bottle of a new perfume that I've been wanting to try (making use of the extra discount pass), and a lash serum. I've used better ones before and would like to step down to drugstore basic but that just didn't work, my lashes fall off more than before (TMI i know!). I had no intention of going back to the high-end lash serum and I bit the bullet today morning when another high-end lash serum was on special price. Swoosh! 3 items in basket, 30% off and they're on my way tomorrow. Sometimes I just hate myself for being weak. On some days I think I'm going strong. More practice makes a better, stronger willpower perhaps :-)

What's your weakness?

6 comments:

  1. My weakness is cola, cheaper than perfumes but still a weakness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I totally know what you mean - my other weakness is milk tea even though I don't drink that much!

      Delete
  2. my weakness is magazines...........oh and the huge stash of material down the stairs for quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mags used to be a weakness for moi - until i realized space is really limited that i need to keep throwing them away! :)

      Delete
  3. PJ just remember that if you are good most of the time, the occasional slip up probably won't matter (just keep the slip-up small!).

    My weakness is probably travel in the sense that when I travel I do whatever and buy whatever I want. I don't buy souvenirs or anything like that but if I want a coffee, I buy a coffee. If I want to get a massage, I make an appointment, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pru! Will totally try keeping them smalll!

      Delete