Oct 5, 2014

Losing patience with the city strikes

At the supermarket checkout, I got 2 small bottles of shampoo (for my family) for HK$9.9 each. They're not big bottles but enough to last 20-30 washes I guess, that's not so bad but looking back, it might not be the best value for money. Not sure. 

(Note to self: Don't buy any stuff that's not listed on the to-buy-and-needed-necessity list.)

On Friday I saw there's a cute set of figurines from a fast food chain that includes Batman, Wonder Woman, the Joker, Superman, Cat Woman. I asked my colleague who patronize that fast food chain to help me get the set and I'll pay him. Then 3 hours later I thought, I don't need anymore junk or clutter at my home. I am not going to get any value from the figurines apart some tiny joy (upon getting it) which will subside to nothing a week later. The figurines will be as cute as looking at them on printed papers. So, I told my colleague he doesn't need to get it anymore. Money saved!

Lately I've been thinking of keeping a sleep log book, in an effort to make moi get enough hours of rest per day. Does anyone do that and how did it come around?

The various strikes that's been going on in the city has driven me nuts. Not only did I have to walk to the nearest train station whenever I go out, I have to walk back home from there. I do the former frequently on weekends but I"m not happy that I have to do this on my commute to work in the morning. 

Plus the train journeys are costing me MORE than my usual commute, although the cents and odd dollars can be absorbed in my budget, it's not something I want to continue, nor is this disturbance to my sense of ease/peace (when going out) can be further tolerated. Don't forget that I sweat much more and clothes have to be washed once I got home - here's to the rising laundry-related costs. Yes I may be walking more than usual but let's not forget the roads are busy roads with cars, so more fumes and dust during the walk. Imagine walking home so slowly and painfully on a stomach in paralysis (some sushi I had last night), lugging a tote full of stuff, sweating profusely. It's dire, it's pathetic.

Note to self: Have less and less raw fish because stomach paralysis due to unclean food is not. worth. it.

I don't mind sweating a bit more when becoming frugal, I was doing exact that all along, until now. It's not frugal by any measure. What can I say, the strike and its strikers should be damned!!!

3 comments:

  1. It's one thing to sweat and walk when you want to, another when you are forced. I definitely sympathize - when I commute to work, I feel like I am carrying a little house with me because I have to lug so much stuff back and forth. In the summer it's awful and clothes are immediately hung up.

    Maybe while the strike is ongoing, try to build some extra downtime into your schedule. Time to just relax at home - try not to be super busy on your weekends. All that back and forth and stress is a lot to deal with.
    ~ Pru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, am opting for staying in as much as possible during these days because commute is a total headache! Got to jog / walk some miles when staying in too :D

      Delete
  2. For the sleep log book, my husband's watch now tracks his sleep for him somehow. We had a roomate that had an app on his phone that would do it for him too. I think that they sense when you roll over or have any sleep disturbances or something. Might be a fun way for you to get accurate tracking for your sleep.

    ReplyDelete