Oct 24, 2014

Drained.

The past two weeks various family troubles plagued me. I've spent time and energy to work things out but sometimes it's not me, it's them (the relatives) that were not being reasonable. They made me mad and upset and I had to find people to talk to, and you can't really talk about family troubles with anyone out there. Right now things have gotten to a very thorny, tricky and hanging-on-a-thread juncture, and I'm not sure where it'll head to. The worst case scenario is we won't be seeing some of these relatives during festive times, or that we'll pretend not to see each other. While THAT is odd, I guess we'll all get used to it at some point. 

It is the most critical of times that reveal who that person really is, and it is exactly that right now. I get to see who some of them really are and I"m not pleased at them, nor will I compromise to their unreasonable demands just for the sake of family harmony. It's hard to be a good and helpful relative, and I will stop doing that from now on. All I got in return was backstabbing and ungrateful words. Even though I've discussed this with my friends lately, I still feel the need to properly write these things off my chest and start the day clear. So the rant will end here. *RANT MODE OVER*

Aside from dealing with family issues, I've hardly make any progress on October goals. I plan to do the room cleaning tomorrow, purging the wardrobe and see what needs to be donated / rid of, digging all the winter apparel out, and putting the summer stuff away, hanging up the curtains, etc. November we'll see a weekend getaway, a charity sale (I won't buy but I may go along with my mom to help her with carrying stuff, let's see). A haircut would be great because I feel sluggish and badly in need of a trim - having a haircut when you want to start from afresh / cut away with old past, is psychologically helpful. I'm hoping to get on my feet to complete the said goals, tweak my budget and such, work harder on the side-hustle front.

It's a bit early to say that but I truly hope November will be a good month! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh PJ! It sounds like you need a big hug! Family troubles are the worst. This weekend really try to clean and purge. You will feel so much better. Just put on some fun music and let your thoughts go wherever they want while you clean.

    Keep taking it one day at a time!
    ~ Pru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one day at a time definitely! I've purged and cleaned during weekend and felt better. Hope your week has been great too!!!

      Delete
  2. Families! You are so right that it's the most critical times that reveal who a person really is! We are all conditioned to stick to family because they are "family" and we put up with stuff that is not acceptable. I have cut ties with certain family members and never looked back.
    PJ, whoever they are, people who give you grief constantly and don't enhance your life are not worth the trouble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi January! Thanks for dropping by!

      You are so right - we have been putting up with certain attitudes and behavior just because they are part of the family. Indeed, unacceptable is unacceptable. Some of them aren't the "bad sheep" (although honestly pretty close to) but they certainly aren't the ones that put good things on the table anyway. I think my father would just acknowledge them when we meet, but won't try to initiate conversations with them. Keeping a distance is wise...although I told myself there's nothing to lose by cutting ties with them...not worth the emotional drain as you said!

      Delete