Jan 7, 2015

First week in review and change of plans

So much has been done in the past week, yet still so much to do.

While at the park for a jog yesterday, I realized the workout playlist on my phone was terribly outdated. Yep, it's been ages since the last (proper) workout. The playlist definitely needs some updating and ideally should be tweaked every 3-4 months, which wouldn't be too troublesome; plus it'll help to upkeep the exercise mojo tremendously!

I've only read 30 or so pages of the said non-fiction book. It's quite boring and at the same time needs some brain work when reading it, on hindsight I should have picked a fiction book to slowly ease my way into the reading habit.

My eyes are getting so dry these days that the glasses search becomes more and more important. But, I have looked everywhere and can't find a good pair of frames *fist pump*! And it has nothing to do with the price, either.

The outfit plan - I'm almost ashamed to say that I haven't done any planning - which I said to myself 2+ weeks ago. Really need to get this going.

The travel plans that I had for 2015 (2 long-haul trips), well, 1 of those had to be postponed due to unforeseen circumstances. Good news to the wallet, but bad news to the inner PJ that has been looking forward to it. Can't complain really, I guess.

Random trips to the supermarkets must be avoided, my last visit there had me scooping up 2 packets of Hershey's nuggets for US$1.2 each, some Walkers' shortbread (!) for US$1, and Mincemeat Tarts for US$1.5 - oh dear. They are all post-Xmas clearance items. The chocolates would suffice for Chinese New Year's candy box (thank god I can think of a way to use them instead of *eating*), and would be given out to the property guard and a colleague. They will expire in September 2015, not too shabby! The shortbread would be slowly chipped away at breakfasts :-) and the mincemeat tarts would be heated in DB's new home this week and shared!

Oh, and a frugal thing I did yesterday:

6th Jan: Had a visit to the doctor's, I was shocked (perhaps silly) to find out there's another bus reaching the same place and was much cheaper and the journey was less nausea-inducing. So glad I asked the driver out of curiosity and discovered this!

Fast-forward to goals this week:

- Read 30 pages of the said book
- Update playlist for workout
- Jog 1x (or walk if calf doesn't allow to jog)
Hand tiny gifts to DB's mom, bring over the mincemeat tarts
Make outfit plan on Sunday
- Make a list of items for blog sale
- Continue the glasses search
- Gather some nice food for a former co-worker for lunch next week
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize (face)
- Get to bed by 2330 (need to get better at doing this. Haven't been getting enough sleep lately and hence crankiness)

I've had 4 No Spend Days so far in January, being in control (in terms of finances) feels really good. The willpower muscle needs to be further flexed though!

3 comments:

  1. Well done on the NSDs PJ! I completely agree with you regarding how good it feels to be in control!

    ReplyDelete