Oct 2, 2014

Flappy arms and October goals

[edited at 22:35 to add point (7) in the goals recap section]

Did a bit of half-jog and half-walk today, it was really hot outside. I have came to notice in mirrors that my upper arms look a bit "flappy". I've come to pick up signs of ageing here and there even in my age: first lines, bloated face (read: dreadful), now the "flappy" arms. My arms could use some help from the rowing machine at the gym, am figuring where to get into a gym near my home now. The one that I can access is rather far away: 2 hours of commute + commute costs. The plus side is I can get in for free. On a side note, I will google some exercises that can help with toning the upper arms as well.

Tomorrow I will be meeting up with my insurance agent as well, so hopefully something will be sorted out this month. For the magazine subscription, I feel quite certain that I won't be renewing it this year because it'll take some time before I go through the unread backlog, plus I don't need more clutter on my desk. I"m looking at re-purposing things as well, I have 2 scented candles which I don't want anymore, am thinking of giving it to a friend who will be moving to her new house next month. It shall make a great housewarming gift. 

This month I'll be mainly looking at driving down food costs (minimize eating out, no shopping for yogurt, relying on oatmeal for breakfast at work). I'm waiting for the weather to cool down so jogging/walking becomes more tolerable, ideally 6x per month, each time I will do at least 3 miles. I enjoy walking a lot (maybe too much) so when the weather becomes nicer it won't be a problem.

To recap:

1) Get some of the insurance matters sorted out;

2) Hit the trail/park 6x, 3 miles each time (already did once today);

3) Look at the gym options near my home;

4) Have more meals at home;

5) Finish reading 1-2 issues of the magazine backlog;

6) Review my budget at the end of the month to see if it needs tweaking. I'm wondering if I should draw up a different budget for each month of the year? Months like parents' birthday will see extra costs spent on meals, grannies birthday/festivals will see extra dollars going to the meal chip-in and pocket money for grannies, haircut during various times of the year, etc. The list could go on and on. Would love to know your thoughts / ways of managing this!

7) Money from side-hustle slowed down a bit since mid September, really need to get the ball rolling again! Need to get in touch with the company in mid or late October. Will test the person I know who work there to find out whether the company is busy at the moment first.

No comments:

Post a Comment