Nov 13, 2014

Sitting, waiting, wishing

What a week.

We visited a staff sale at a sports chain and got 40% off for my gym bottoms (1 long, 1 short), so that's a good deal! I have enough long gym bottoms to last me for a good while, together with the ones I got from GAP last month. If I see something of the short variety with a serious discount later on, I might consider getting another pair. I skipped another warehouse sale yesterday because I didn't feel like queuing for half an hour just to go in and see/try what might look good on me, I already have my eyes set on a pair of sneakers elsewhere. That pair costs HK$800 and I'm refusing to buy it FP, lol. I've been asking around friends if anyone knows anyone who works for sports chain and is able to get at a nice discount (meaning anything more than 10% off). Normally I have 10% off on *some* stores but not every brand/item is eligible. I tried looking online and had no luck with finding that color which I'm after, which I believe is limited edition. Ideally, I want to pick a color that goes with pretty much a lot of the things I normally wear - flippy skirts, *some* one-piece dresses, jeans long or short, dark or light. The good news is, I *might* be able to get a staff coupon but it remains a mystery for now.

I also caved in and made an online order for clothes (a lot of it) for 30% off on Singles' Day (ok I'm not, but it's just an occasion to do serious shopping), I'm waiting for them to ship, here's to hoping they fit nicely so I don't have to pay for shipping to return anything! On the other hand, I returned some items I got from the store last week for refund. It was quick and a breeze, except for the checkout beeline. I also made a mental note that I should not step inside that store ever. The last time was about 6 months ago and I didn't buy anything, however the last time was a complete fail of coming to the senses! Willpower I'm calling thy name!

The side-hustle front has been really really quiet lately, and I'd like to spice it up a little even though none of it falls within my control. However I did send out an email today to check if they have anything new for me and that I made a point I am ready to take up any training from them if needed be. Once that cycle has been set up, it'll take up my time on the weekend mostly and I'd be happy having a steady flow of income from it...and happily working in front of the computer. It will just have to be started! I'll see what I need to do if it doesn't work out / they don't need an extra pair of hands anymore.

I treated my folks teppanyaki lunch yesterday and it went OK, I had better experience with the restaurant last time, oh well. This morning I was sitting and pondering the financial goals for 2015, waiting for some inspirations to dawn on, meanwhile tweaking other lifestyle goals for 2015. 

Another major drawers' purge is expected this weekend (I worked on the closet two weeks ago), the goal was to free up space for the new pieces that are on their way, some are sitting on my chair since the closet cannot accommodate. Once this is done, some of the clutter shall be gone! An IMAX movie on sunday, brunch with a former colleague before the movie , that's the plan! Oh and check out the sneakers while I'm in that area! I doubt if they will sell below full retail price though. A department store sales week is starting on Friday and I'm not even winking at it this year, nothing caught my eye. Made a mental note to avoid that store and its nearby area for the next 3 weeks and it'd be jam packed with people! 

Tonight I'll be making noodles for dinner, time to pull out the festive candle from the deep end of the cupboard and I shall light it on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment