Feb 27, 2015

Saying NO to temptations

OK, I've never thought these to be the first pictures to appear on my blog posts but here you go...aren't they pretty?



THAT china ware in the bottom pic...priceless. Well, no, they come with a price tag. What are you doing in a Starb**ks when you are not actually a coffee drinker or a snacker? You may ask. The reason I was there was because of these - I hunted them down for my friends, but the mugs were so adorable...I found them hard to forget. But I'm trying to resist; I have too many cups / mug, I might break them since I'm careless, my home is running out of space, etc The debate is still raging hard this morning when I helped my friends to purchase them (which they'll reimburse me later), and by the way, these are "limited editions" exclusive to this corner of the earth (of course that darn word again!) and sold like hot cakes every year around this time when they are released (some of them the same, some are new designs). The whole city was scouring over these, and I just didn't buy them (yet). I don't think I will, even though I very much want to!

Now I invite you to join me to savor these pretties in a digital form...cross our arms in front of our chest and say no. No, it's not easy, but it has to be done, if we are to stay on course with frugality.

Over to you, how do you resist temptations? How do you convince yourself to say NO?

*Full collection photos HERE. Do not click if you are feeling weak. You've been warned.

6 comments:

  1. If I find something that I like and want to buy, I ask myself 3 questions: Do I need it? Will I use it? Can I afford it? If the answer to any of these is "no" then I walk away. If the answer is yes, I still walk away because if I forget about it, I didn't really want it anyway. I also don't buy anything unless I am 100% happy with it. I tried some boots in the sale a few weeks ago. They were great, fitted well but they had a small logo on that I didn't like. In the past, I would have bought them, but this time, I left them. Looking back, I'm still happy I left them.
    I have a huge problem resisting mugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing January - the "sleep on it" trick is useful!

      Delete
  2. Well, I admit that it is difficult to resist temptations and so, if I see something that I like but it's not on my "needs list", I walk away. Usually I completely forget it within a day...( I admit that that cups and the mugs are absolutely cute :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very right Sabrina - it's definitely not a need!

      Delete
  3. Love them! If I'm honest (because I'm a cup hoarder) I probably would have bought one. Especially if I was visiting HK right now. I would use it as my souvenir :-) (Actually I have in the past bought mugs as souvenirs....) Good for you for resisting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping the willpower will get stronger and stronger with practice! Yes it'll make a good souvenir!

      Delete